Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Munchies: Curry Pasta!

Monday is here again! And if for quite a number of people it can be a bit of tough Monday, going back to work after the Xmas break (here in Spain), we should always look forward to a new week that starts!


For this week's Monday Munchies I'm gonna take a break from all the cupcake recipes I've been sharing as of late, and share something a bit more healthy and more everyday like meal, which combines two of my fave things: pasta and curry! I love the smell of cooking with curry and spices, it makes me think of India and the bf!


Curry Pasta
Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 300 gr farfalle (or any other pasta you have around).
- 2 onions
- 2 apples
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon curry (or more, as you like it)
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 150 ml cream or double cream, the one for cooking only
- olive oil
- salt and pepper

Method:

- Peel, core and cut the apples in bite size bits. Squeeze the half lemon and pour it over the apple so it doesn't darken. Peel the onions and slice them, so you get long but thing onion bits.

- In a deep pan, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil and saute the onion for about 8 mins until it is soft and transparent. Add the apple bits, and also add with curry and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring carefully with a wooden spoon. Disolve de corn flour in the cream and add it to the pan. Cook in low heat for about 12 minutes stirring with the wooden spoon.

- Boil the pasta in salted water, according to the packet instructions. Drain them and mix them with the onions and apples. 

- Serve hot & Enjoy!





Don't worry if you don't like onions much, I don't and I love this dish! The onions aren't the main flavour here, and if you cook them right, they won't have the crunchy taste you might dislike!


6 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I wonder if I could substitute soy cream to make this vegan...I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ky, I'm sure that you can substitute it, if you've found a soy cream that you like, it's just to make a creamy sauce, so even soy yogurt or any other vegan yogurt of your liking would work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very yummy and with simple ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look yummy! I think I'm hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love curry. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!