Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #6!!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted at Breaking The Spine  that spotlights those can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them books that we are eagerly awaiting!

This week my eargerly awaited can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-it release is Antigoddess by Kendare Blake!


Goodreads summary:

 "The acclaimed author of ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD returns with an incredible story about ancient gods, modern love and an epic fight for survival

He was Apollo, the sun, and he'd burn down anything that tried to hurt her... Cassandra and Aidan are just your average high-school couple. Or so Cassandra believes. Blissfully unaware that she was once a powerful prophetess, Cassandra doesn't even know that god exist... Until now.

Because the gods are dying - and Cassandra could hold the answer to their survival. But Aidan has a secret of his own. He is really Apollo, god of the sun, and he will do anything to protect the girl he loves from the danger that's coming for her. Even if it means war against his immortal family...
Sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; relentless action and suspense - ANTIGODDESS is the YA novel you've been waiting for."



Why am I eagerly awaiting Antigoddess? Well, since the moment I heard Kendare Blake had a new book coming out I knew I had to check it out (I loved her Anna books!) and when I read the summary with the different twist to the Greek mythology and Athena as one of the main characters... I just needed the book!

What are you all (im)patiently waiting to read?

15 comments:

  1. I loved this one. It is very different from the Anna books but very well done. I wasn't as connected to the characters but know that I will be in the next book. I love Blake's writing. Not much longer until it comes out! I can't wait to hear what you think.

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen1
      I'm hoping it will be shipped soon since I got the paperback from TBD, I'm quite excited to read this one!

      Delete
  2. This sounds right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ky! If you do read it, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. Great pick. This sounds awesome :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to get my hands on this one too! Anything that involves Greek Gods is a must read for me. Plus, this sounds really awesome! I really want to know why the Gods are dying!
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha!

      I can't wait for my paperback to arrive via post!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm envious Kate! I can't wait till my copy arrives!

      Delete
  6. Nice pick! I have yet to start on Blake's books but I am excited because people praise them a lot.
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ula!

      I loved the Anna books cause they were different with a more horror twist than usual, you should check them out!

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Aman!

    Crossing my fingers! And ooooh a love interest for Athena, now that's different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I had no idea she had a new book coming out, I'm so adding this to my list! The cover looks beautiful too. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the cover amazing! Hope you'll love the book, Jeann!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!