Monday, March 3, 2014

Mark This Book Monday: Hyperbole and A Half by Allie Brosh!

Today's Mark This Book Monday is a recommendation from a fellow blogger (thank you, P.E.!!) and is not part of any challenges! Still is a book I highly recommend for everyone!


Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That HappenedHyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a fantastic book, and I really must thank P.E. from the blog The Sirenic Codex for the recommendation and the review she wrote about this book, it made me buy and read it as soon as it arrived in the mail! Not only that, I'm packing it with me in my trip to India and I plan to push the bf to read it too!

Hyperbole and a Half is a book born out of the author's blog, and it is full of silly drawings and very deep themes, most of them made more tolerable but not less heartwrenching because humour always helps. The author has a self deprecating humour sometimes that makes it easier to smile about some rather tough situations. Her way of describing depression really made me reflect on it much more deeply than I would have expected.

There were some extremely hilarious moments with the dogs, and the one with the goose really had me in stitches!

This is a fun book that needs to be read by absolutely everyone! It's cute, adorable, funny and it makes you think (and even cry, depending on your emotional state). Very well deserved 4 to 4.5 stars!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I don't use to read this kind of book, but man! your review makes me wanna read it!
    It sounds interesting and funny. I think I must check it out!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!