Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Pages: Pretty When She Destroys by Rhiannon Frater!!

As my next Saturday Pages entry, I have a book that was one of my most awaited for last year, but that since it was the last book of a trilogy I highly enjoyed, I kept on pushing back reading it, dreading what might happen in the end! An extremely silly fear, cause the book was fantastic and I loved every page of it.

This one is also part of my 2014 Series Challenge!




Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)Pretty When She Destroys by Rhiannon Frater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


If there's something that Rhiannon Frater does amazingly is writing vampires as monsters and still manage to make us root for them!

In this final installment of Amaliya's story, the stakes are at their highest since The Summoner has returned and wants to unleash Hell on Earth and take over the world. And not only that, he wants to bring Amaliya to his side, so he'll have both vampire necromancers he created at his side.

The way the plot is woven with the crescendo in tension through preparations, training and battles makes you want to turn the pages faster but also makes you scared of what might happen in the next page! The final chapters in the book had me reading in the edge of my chair and I was too tempted to peek at the ending to ensure all my beloved characters survived the day or not!

The way the characters are developed and how the relationships between them change and evolve is great. Rhiannon is a master on writing people that feel genuine no matter what their paranormal abilities may be. The relationship between Cian and Amaliya, Amaliya and Sam (Cian's ex), Sam and Jeff, Aimee and Cassandra... I just love all their interactions, and how perfect they are for each other. I loved seeing how the relationship between Amaliya and Sam changed, from animosity and possible hate, to friendship and alliance.

I adored all the characters in this series, even the bad guys, cause I loved to hate them!

With plenty of action and tension and a final showdown that was epic and amazing characters, I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read this final installment of the Pretty When She... trilogy. Brilliant book and one I'd recommend to anyone that loves paranormal and vampire books! Well deserved 4.5 to 5 stars!



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Ack. Creepy cover! But yay for five star book :D I'm glad you loved this book. <3 I love it when I love books, lol. Your review makes this book sound pretty interesting. Not sure if it would be for me, but I'm glad you liked it :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is more classic horror vampires, and I'm not sure you'd like it as much. But it was a great vampire book!
      Thank you for commenting, sweetie!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!