Friday, June 6, 2014

BEA and All the Books I Never Knew I HAD to Have!!

Going to BEA is one of those dreams for any book blogger and book lover, but we can't always make it true. A lot of us have been living BEA 2014 vicariously through tweets and posts from fellow bloggers that were in NYC.

One thing Kristen from My Friends Are Fiction, Crystal from Crystal in Bookland and myself noticed, is that by looking at the book hauls from our fellow bloggers in BEA, we've discovered books we now have been added to our TBR list that we hadn't heard of before, or hadn't paid attention to before!

And this is what this post is all about! Kristen, Crystal and myself are gonna be showing what books we discovered we must have after seeing them in BEA book hauls! Check Kristen's post HERE and Crystal's post HERE!


My list is not very long cause I have tried to control myself, too many books and too little time, but here are 5 books that I saw and knew I wanted!



Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper



Zodiac by Romina Russell



The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien



Jackaby by William Ritter



The Walled City by Ryan Graudin


Are there any books that you've discovered in BEA if you attended, or like Kristen, Crystal & me, through BEA book hauls?

14 comments:

  1. Great post. I get introduced to so many new books through BEA, its fantastic. P.E. and I are wishfully dreaming of possibly attending next year. Really hope we do, I've always wanted to go.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just wait to see the ARCs of the book I'm already dying for (This Shattered World, Talon, Heir of Fire!!!) but I also discovered a bunch of new ones!
      I'm also hoping to plan it and attend BEA 2015!!

      Delete
  2. Omg you have so much control &&& u make my list look OBSESSIVE lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo, Crystal!! I've only added the ones I didn't have already on my radar! I guess I might just already have a too long list before BEA!!

      Delete
  3. I have a similar list! So many awesome books :-) I think every year I'm not there I'll use the haul pics to pad my TBR wish list :-) and Jackaby!! I'm in love with the cover and summary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's the thing to do when you're not in BEA! Stalk the hauls for new books for the evergrowing TBR list!!

      Delete
  4. Salt & Storm was one I had not heard of prior to the haul posts, but it's on my TBR now. I don't think I've seen Zodiac anywhere, until your post, but now I want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zodiac sounds like an awesome sci-fi & fantasy mix!

      Delete
  5. See, I love seeing conference posts and book hauls for exactly this reason, too--you get a little peek at a lot of books you didn't even know existed! I love your attitude about it, and I agree--it's so fun to add to our lists afterwards, and it's so nice to see people enjoying themselves at these events.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, discovering new books is always awesome! And unless I can manage to go, I love living these events vicariously!

      Delete
  6. Ohh, I have only heard of The Vault of Dreamers ;p Which I am very excited about. The other books looks amazing as well :) I hope you will get to read them sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I'm awaiting approval for a few of them on NetGalley and Edelweiss, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  7. So many awesome-sounding books! One day I will go to BEA, one day... and by "one day" I mean I am hoping to go next year! *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of trying for next year myself too!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!